Yoga Centered truly believes that the quality of your yoga practice directly affects the quality of your life.
Yoga Centered is known for offering high QUALITY yoga practice. This means:
• Expect each yoga class to be a beautiful tapestry of yoga asana (yoga postures), pranayama (breath expansion), yoga philosophy and sometimes chanting, mantra , mudras, meditation and always deep relaxation.
• Knowledgeable, authentic teachers
• Variety in the styles we offer (from "mindfully athletic" to quiet and meditative)
• Skillful alignment that supports your safety in class and re-aligns your body over time to a permanent optimal posture
• Intelligent sequencing that promotes you accessing your full potential
• Acknowledging and utilizing the true power of the breath–teaching specific techniques that help keep you strong or surrendering in your practice (and less stressed in your life)
• Encouragement & support for taking yoga "off the mat" and into your everyday life
• We offer a 3-part Beginner's Yoga Series the first three Saturdays of every month from 4-6pm! Whether you are new to yoga or want to refine an existing practice, this is a great way to educate yourself on proper alignment, breath, techniques and philosophies that you will encounter in yoga classes. Participation in these classes will improve your confidence and safety, address common questions and provide a solid foundation for your continued practice.
Build strength and stamina as you connect the flow of your breath to the flow of dynamic movement. You can expect a safe and artful approach to sequencing, a mindful pace, purposeful challenges and the opportunity (and guidance) to learn over time and modify for your own needs. Basic flow focuses on accessible and foundational yoga poses. Often, more time is dedicated to exploring the details of alignment than in an all-levels yoga flow class. Great for beginners, great for the seasoned yogi too.. beginners mind is the key to growth and expansion! We also offer a Beginner's Series the first three Saturdays of EVERY month, if you would like to build a foundation for your practice.more
Build strength and stamina as you connect the flow of your breath to the flow of dynamic movement. You can expect a safe and artful approach to sequencing, a mindful pace, purposeful challenges and the opportunity (and guidance) to learn over time and modify for your own needs. Beginners are welcome to join, though this is our most complicated (and most athletic) traditional yoga class type and nervous beginners may wish to attend a Beginners Yoga Series or basic yoga flow, therapeutics, gentle yoga or relax deeply first. Also known as “vinyasa” yoga.more
Some yoga poses are a little yummier than others, and if yoga were a buffet, restorative postures would most definitely be at the dessert table. These soothing and well-supported poses offer us the opportunity to linger quietly for a few moments and savor the simple sweetness of life. These postures are usually deeply supported by blankets, blocks, and bolsters, and are held for several minutes at a time. At minimum, you will discover a rich and deep state of relaxation that will calm and restore your whole being!more
This class is designed to establish balance in body, mind and spirit: a blend between flow and restorative styles. The first half will include a gentle vinyasa sequence, this is the active Yang phase, designed to move and stretch your body, pay attention to the condition of your breath, and focus your mind. The second half will include a Yin phase, including slow holds and restorative poses to alleviate deeply-seated tension in muscles and fascia, develop a fuller, softer breath, and calm the mind. Leave class feeling rejuvenated!more
All traditional yoga classes at Yoga Centered are designed to be therapeutic but in this class you will specifically use yoga to address different physical issues you may be dealing with. Strengthen your back and bring mobility into your spine. Learn poses and stretches to help alleviate back pain, hip pain, knee pain, shoulder pain and increase mobility and build strength gently and slowly over time.more
Work with life force energy, prana, to discover your highest potential & prepare the mind and body for liberation. In this class we will learn techniques to access the highest self and our true purpose, then "weave" this discovery into the patterns of our daily lives. With emphasis on the charkas, classes will begin with a lecture/discussion, followed by a short asana practice, and finish with pranayama and meditation. Come meet the true you.more
Buti Yoga is a high energy, invigorating yoga practice that blends vinyasa yoga, tribal dance, body weight training, powerful plyometrics, and cardiovascular training all in one class! This class is meant to challenge and empower, to push through boundaries and re-emerge more confident, vibrant and aligned. This practice will challenge you no matter what your experience in yoga or fitness. Fun and SWEATY! Bring a yoga mat, towel and lots of water. Ages 18 and over only. Some music may have explicit lyrics.more
Family Yoga presents an opportunity to cultivate emotional and physical bonding within your family. This all-levels free flow class includes postures for the whole family, including age- and intensity level-appropriate variations to accommodate all of the students in the class, all while maintaining a playful sense of fun. The physical movements introduced in this class will familiarize students to the true meaning of yoga: union, community, expression and integrity for self, while strengthening the bond between family and community! Come as you are, crying babies, wild toddlers and ornery teenagers welcome!more
Slow and gentle yoga with a therapeutic approach that focuses on bringing mobility to the joints, improving balance and coordination. Expect a buffet of props to be used…chairs, blocks, blankets, straps, it’s all fair game. Recommended for the older adult but all are welcome!more
Prenatal Yoga focuses on strengthening the spiritual, emotional and physical bond between your body and your baby preparing you for labor and childbirth. Yoga allows you to reconnect with the body and breath while prenatal and postnatal yoga focuses on inspiring and nurturing you in a community of women while creating an environment of support for you to balance and restore the physical needs of the new mother and baby.more
We start class with a warm-up, and then move into ISOMETRIC HOLDS, PULSES, SMALL RANGE MOVEMENTS, and LARGE DYNAMIC MOVEMENTS. This is key into building strong and powerful muscles. During all these movements and exercises we are keeping body conscious and working on alignment as a ballerina would. We are always keeping our core strong and held the entire time. Then we move into center for cardio burn! This is the fun part! You push yourself and get sweaty. We then finish the second half of class with yoga and pilates.
* Barre has body and mind benefits. This workout builds toned muscles, increases metabolism, and helps your alignment and posture through everyday life. You will be a complete athlete with grace!more