Live Your Yoga Retreat: Kohala
November 8th - November 11th 2018 Big Island, Hawaii
Relax, renew, & rejuvenate with this luxurious yoga retreat located at the exclusive Hawaii Island Retreat Center on the Kohala Coast of Hawaii. When you visit Hawaii Island Retreat you quickly realize the wonder of this sacred land. Here, you can relax and unwind on 50 acres of gardens, wild groves, and ancient valley trails.
Go ahead, set aside your responsibilities for four days of bliss! Enjoy the private and beautiful oasis of Hawaii Island Retreat Center. There you will be shown to a plush boutique hotel room, fragrant with ylang ylang trees growing in the central courtyard. Stay in elegant accommodations in complete harmony with nature. All suites have private balconies and chairs, overlooking the fragrant garden as well as ocean. Practice yoga in a spacious, breezy studio to the soothing whisper of the pine trees and the rhythmic sounds of the waves below. Enjoy the vibrant company of our other guests during classes, meals, and scheduled activities; and indulge in personal time as you desire…
What To Look Forward To:
* Stroll the sacred valley, sit where royals councils mediated agreements…allow yourself to find peace and resolution with your own conflicts…sometimes the resolution is to simply welcome the uncertainty and discord so that it does not tear you apart.
* Meditate overlooking the ocean
* Relax in the cliff-side salt-water pool or hot tub, as you breathe in the view and breathe out the stress.
* Let a massage therapist pamper you in a serene outdoor cabana
* Finish the book that’s been sitting next to your bed for months, as you stretch out in a lounge chair in the quiet poolside reading room. The 360 degree view outside the glass walls is a nice bonus! This is a perfect place to nap, too.
* Walk up the lane to cheery Hawi, browse the extensive art galleries, enjoy an iced tea or coffee, and sample some of the local fare.
* All of your (delicious!) meals will be provided; water, and tea will be available all day. Feel free to bring your own snacks and wine or beer (in moderation, please).
This retreat will facilitate relaxation and rejuvenation; provide an opportunity to de-stress, clear your mind, and reconnect; and help you develop the tools to establish peace and perspective in your everyday life through:
* Ayurveda discussions
* self-care practices
* community development
About Hawaii Island Retreat Center:
This is an eco-friendly purpose-built retreat center in Kohala, on the Big Island of Hawaii, that features a boutique hotel fashioned after 19th century Hawaiian palaces. There is a lovely courtyard, view of the ocean, salt-water swimming pool, hot tub, walking trails, beach access, and on-site spa treatments. The facility is located on 50 acres and produces its own electricity (wind-generated) and organic food: vegetables, goat cheese and free-range grass-fed beef. Meals are prepared in the fabulous kitchen by professional chefs that use the food grown on the property to create beautiful, delicious cuisine!
All activities are optional, though we highly encourage you to participate in all activities for the best overall experience. Subject to change.
Thursday, November 8th
3pm Orientation & Introductions
- Make new friends and embrace familiar ones! We will provide a guided tour, discuss itinerary and answer any questions you may have in this orientation. We will discuss the importance of practicing yoga with a high-quality of awareness, integrity, and intention and how this spills over into all aspects of your life which is where the true transformation occurs!
4pm Check-in to rooms
5pm Yoga, Pranayama & Meditation
8pm Talk Story with Jeanne, the founder of HIRC
- If you have spent much time in Hawaii, you are familiar with the concept of “talk story”…a local term that describes the time spent sitting around with friends telling stories, sharing memories, and generally “shooting the breeze”. Jeanne is a gifted story-teller who will captivate you with many incredible stories about this property! They will fill you with a sense of wonder and spark your curiosity about the mind-body-spirit connection.
9pm Free Time
Friday, November 9th
7-9am Wake-up & Flow Yoga
10am – 12pm Guided Property Tour
1-4:30pm Free Reflective Time, Spa appointments, Ayurveda consultations, etc
*Optional Excursion to Pololu Valley during free time.
- “Sangha” is a Sanskrit term for community; typically a community gathering of a spiritual nature. In these sessions, participants may share their experiences and ask questions; Molly and Amanda will guide the conversations with specific questions, readings, or themes and offer suggestions on how to incorporate the practices we engage in during the retreat into our everyday lives.
5pm Restorative Yoga and/or Yoga Nidra
*You are welcome to provide your own wine or beer during all dinners; please consume in moderation.*
8:30pm Talk Story & Free Time
Saturday, November 10th
7-9am Wake-up & Flow Yoga
10am-1pm: Pololu Valley Excursion
2-5pm Free Reflective Time
5pm: Restorative Yoga and/or Yoga Nidra
Sunday, November 11th
10-11am Closing Ceremony
12pm-3pm Check-out & Lunch & Free Time
*Earlybird Pricing Listed Below: $100 off until July 15th, 2018*
$950 per person deluxe yurt bungalow (double occupancy)
$1050 per person private yurt bungalow (single occupancy)
$1350 Oceanview Bungalow (Double Occupancy)
$1550 Private Oceanview Bungalow
$1150 Hotel room (double occupancy)
$1250 Hotel room Oceanview ( double occupancy)
$1350 Private hotel room (single occupancy)
$1450 Private Hotel Room Oceanview
*Retreat must be paid in full by 7/15/18 to receive early bird pricing, otherwise prices increase by $100*
What's Included In This Retreat:
* 2 daily yoga asana practices, including meditation and pranayama with experienced, sustainabilty minded teachers Amanda Webster & Molly Masaoka
* Receive 25 hours of continuing education credit recognized by Yoga Alliance from ERYT-500 hour teachers Molly Masaoka & Amanda Webster on the topics of The 8-limb path of yoga & daily and seasonal optimal health practices.
* Days scheduled according to Ayurvedic ideals and infused with yoga philosophy.
* Immerse yourself into yoga and Ayurveda philosophy through practice, meditation, pranayama, lecture and discussion. Learn how to incorporate these mindful ways of living in your OWN LIFE!
* 3 organic, farm to table, private chef prepared meals a day (vegan and vegetarian options available and food directly sourced from lush, abundant 55 acre property & surrounding farms)
* Luxurious, tasteful, old Hawaiian royalty-inspired accommodations with private lanais and opulent bathrooms
* Access to infinity pool, poolside and valley views reading room, media room, exercise yoga room, yoga room and spa amenities (massage, Ayurveda consultations)
* 55 acres of gardens, wild grooves and ancient valley trails, private ocean access and spectacular panoramic vista views from all over the property
* Ancient meeting place for King Kam’s royal counsels, this property oozes with history and culture
* Local excursions and hikes to near-by secluded valleys, and beaches and historical landmarks
* Zip-ling, fluming, horseback riding, atving & shopping excursions near-by
* Spa services
* Acupuncture, NET or private massage also available
or to request more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org