The Hawaii Island Retreat Center, Big Island July 12, 2019 - July 29, 2019
Yoga Centered is pleased to work in partnership with Soma Yoga Institute to offer this Yoga Alliance registered 200 Hour Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training on the Big Island of Hawaii. This yoga teacher training offers students a soulful journey into the many dimensions of yoga as a vehicle for growth and transformation. Rather than offer standard sequencing or rigid methodologies, students will be introduced to frameworks, concepts and methodologies that inspire each trainee to adapt the practices, awaken their creativity and find their own authentic practice as a student and voice as a teacher. Graduates of this program will feel empowered to practice and teach a variety of yoga class types, including: all levels vinyasa yoga, alignment-based classes, yoga foundations, senior, gentle, and restorative.
Techniques/ Training/ Practice
- A solid foundation in classical hatha yoga – including alignment based vinyasa flow and restorative yoga within a therapeutic framework.
- Benefits & contraindications of yoga asana, pranayama & meditation.
- Pranayama, breath awareness, relaxation, and a variety of meditation techniques.
- Chanting, mantra & mudra practices.
- The art of sequencing.
- Principles of demonstration & observation.
- Verbal and Hands-on assists.
- How to teach all levels & populations.
- Finding ones unique teaching style and authentic voice.
- Learning the business of yoga & how to build your yoga community.
Anatomy and Physiology
- Human physical anatomy and physiology
- Energy anatomy and physiology (chakra system, nadis, & vayus)
- Common injuries & misalignments in the body and modifications for practice.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- History of Yoga.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Upanishads & The Myths of Yoga .
- Basic Sanskrit
- Ayurveda & Making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Techniques for building confidence & self-empowerment.
- Taking the seat of the teacher.
- Practice teaching, giving and receiving feedback and the art of language.
- How to target & teach special populations; pre/post natal, yoga for seniors, teens, kids; yoga for back care & other injuries.
- Benefits & contraindications for specialty focus populations.
- Learn to create and appreciate a community in our training that celebrates our own and each others unique strengths & skills.
- Ignite passion, awaken creativity, transform fears & immerse yourself in a positive and nurturing environment that supports growth, break-through and transformation.
Check in 4:00pm
7:30–9:00pm Evening Program
Typical Daily Schedule
6:15-7:30am Meditation, pranayama, chanting, gentle morning yoga
8:30--12:00pm Asana practice plus techniques and teaching methodology
1:30pm-6:00pm Restorative, gentle, or therapeutic practice or Yoga nidra. Anatomy, sequencing pose study, or practice teach
7:00 - 8:30pm Program in session often includes philosophy, individual study and/or group work
6:30-7:30am Closing session
Check out 11:00am
(Please note: there will be one full day off mid-way through the program to explore the magical Island of Hawaii , rest or catch up on your studies)