ONLINE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Create Therapeutic Transformation for Yourself and Others
Gain in-depth skills to explore Yoga as a vehicle for vibrant health, self transformation and personal empowerment.
Our curriculum includes a unique blend of alignment based vinyasa flow, a solid foundation in Hatha Yoga and 200 hours of instruction offered within a therapeutic framework.
Techniques/ Training/ Practice
- A solid foundation in classical hatha yoga – including alignment based vinyasa flow and restorative yoga within a therapeutic framework.
- Benefits & contraindications of yoga asana, pranayama & meditation.
- Pranayama, breath awareness, relaxation, and a variety of meditation techniques.
- Chanting, mantra & mudra practices.
- The art of sequencing.
- Principles of demonstration & observation.
- Verbal and Hands-on assists.
- How to teach all levels & populations.
- Finding ones unique teaching style and authentic voice.
- Learning the business of yoga & how to build your yoga community.
Anatomy and Physiology
- Human physical anatomy and physiology
- Energy anatomy and physiology (chakra system, nadis, & vayus)
- Common injuries & misalignments in the body and modifications for practice.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- History of Yoga.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Upanishads & The Myths of Yoga .
- Basic Sanskrit
- Ayurveda & Making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Techniques for building confidence & self-empowerment.
- Taking the seat of the teacher.
- Practice teaching, giving and receiving feedback and the art of language.
- How to target & teach special populations; pre/post natal, yoga for seniors, teens, kids; yoga for back care & other injuries.
- Benefits & contraindications for specialty focus populations.
- Learn to create and appreciate a community in our training that celebrates our own and each others unique strengths & skills.
- Ignite passion, awaken creativity, transform fears & immerse yourself in a positive and nurturing environment that supports growth, break-through and transformation.
"The process of becoming a yoga teacher and the owner of Yoga Centered has always felt so natural and right. Opportunities kept presenting themselves and because of my practice I was able to recognize them and take them on. I feel so grateful, everyday, to be able to share my passion with others. It is the ultimate gift."
Innately perceptive, wise beyond her years and wildly passionate about, well, every little thing that crosses her path, Molly is a force to be reckoned with. Whether she's devouring a cupcake, scoping out the next can't-live-without-it piece of fashion for the YC boutique, ripping down the face of a wave (in a bikini she designed herself!), or teaching one of her insanely cathartic yoga classes, Molly applies a level of delight and determination that is truly one of a kind. Spend a few minutes with this dynamic woman and it makes perfect sense that she should be the owner of a yoga studio and boutique at an age when most of us are still trying to figure out what we want to be when we grow up. Born and raised in Iowa, Molly left home, discovered yoga and started putting herself through college all before the age of 21.
Molly's unique teaching style is both intense and focused but lightened with creativity, compassion and humor. She believes that this balance of effort and surrender is the key to unlocking the awareness of ones true nature.
A student of yoga since the age of 16, Molly has studied intensely with Chuck Miller, Maty Ezraty and completed teacher trainings with Don Stapelton from Nosara Yoga Institute, and teacher's teacher, Annie Carpenter of Smart Flow Yoga. She credits Annie for giving her the skills to teach intentional alignment and sequencing, Don for the ability to encourage self-inquiry and Chuck for finding the unity in all things. Ultimately Molly considers herself a student of life and is constantly drawing inspiration from the world around her, and most recently the newest addition to her family, her son, Reef.
In addition to being the owner of Yoga Centered, Molly also leads workshops, retreats and teacher trainings around the world. She is an influential member of her yoga community and serves as a mentor to both students and other teachers. Ultimately she hopes to inspire others to share the practices of yoga that have so positively impacted her life.
Liz Heffernan, E-RYT 500, is an international yoga teacher and Integrative Yoga Therapist (PYT-1000). She draws from over two decades of personal yoga practice, 20 years of teaching and extensive training in the Hatha yoga systems of Kripalu, Ashtanga and Anusara. She currently directs and leads yoga teacher trainings and workshops in worldwide locations, provides unique one-to-one mentoring for yoga teachers wishing to improve their skills and delivery, instructs daily yoga classes and offers private therapeutic sessions. Additionally, Liz serves as a mentor and faculty member for the Integrative Yoga Therapy - Professional Yoga Therapy program.
Her personal journey with yoga began as a young teenager when through a random, yet auspicious, opportunity she took a yoga course at a nearby college. Here, in Savasana, she experienced a sense of peace and well-being, a feeling that was in profound contrast to her daily expression of herself. It took fifteen years for the seed that was planted then to germinate into a dedicated practice. Now, after 20 years of daily yoga, Liz is humbly grateful to this life-affirming path that consistently realigns her physical body, thoughts and innermost intentions with more joy and a greater vibrancy.
Liz's dynamic teaching style is influenced by many, many wonderful yoga teachers. These include Ashtanga Yoga’s Shri K. Pattabhi Jois, Tim Miller, Nancy Gilgoff and Bhavani Maki; Anusara Yoga’s Desiree Rumbaugh, Jenny Otto, Noah Maze, and Jim & Ruthie Bernaert; Integrative Yoga Therapy’s Joseph Le Page; and yoga philosophers Ram Das, Douglas Brooks and Carlos Pomeda.
Liz is known is for her ability to bridge the gap between the ancient perspectives of yoga and contemporary daily life. Her teaching weaves together philosophy, creative sequencing, clear alignment, mindful breathing and compassionate self-inquiry to form a tapestry that reflects her heartfelt commitment to this transformative path.